Projects in the news:
• Sustainable Design Consultants, Inc. is part of the winning team selected by the University of South Carolina to design the 52 acre old Farmers Market Site next to Williams Bryce Stadium in Columbia as a tailgating venue for USC Football Games.
• Sustainable Design Consultants, Inc. was instrumental in helping one of their clients win a $50,000 grant from Richland County, SC for an innovative Sustainable site design and LID storm water solution for a mixed use project the firm is currently designing in the Columbia area.
• SDCI was selected to do a bio-filtration storm water system for the Johnson Controls Battery Recycling Facility in Florence, SC.
Up-Coming Speaking Engagements for SDCI:
• John Thomas and Frank Hahne has been selected to speak at the South Carolina USGBC annual meeting in Columbia, SC. - JUNE 2nd & 3rd
• SDCI is co-sponsoring the 2nd Annual Sustainable Design Conference at Midlands Technical College Enterprise Campus in Columbia, SC. - October 12th & 13th (Both Mr Thomas & Mr Hahne will be presenting)
Past Speaking Engagements for Mr. Thomas:
• Mr. Thomas and Frank Hahne spoke at the Georgia Flood Plain Managers Annual Conference at Lake Lanier Islands Resort near Atlanta, GA on March 24, 2010.
• SC Chapter of the American Planning Association- N. Augusta, SC
• American Society of Landscape Architects, Tri State Convention- Greenville, SC
• Southern Regional Association of Physical Plant Administrators- North Charleston, SC
• Water Resources Research Institute- NC. State University- Raleigh, NC.
• SC Department of Natural Resources- Sustainable Coastal Development Conference- Beaufort, SC
• John Thomas presented at two day Sustainable Development Conference
sponsored by the Town of Blythewood, Location-Midlands Technical College, Columbia, SC.
• John Thomas presented at the SRAPPA Conference in Daytona Beach, FL
• Mr. Thomas was recently honored by the Ogeechee River Keepers at their annual meeting at the Wormsloe Plantation in Savannah, GA with the 2010 Stewardship Award for his work around the country in educating professional groups and organizations on the benefits of Sustainable Site Design and Natural Storm Drainage.